The advantage of smart locks is that since most smart locks have networking functions, they have functions such as anti-prying alarms and real-time viewing of door lock dynamics by users, and are better than mechanical locks in terms of security. At present, there are also visual smart locks on the market. Users can not only monitor the door dynamics in real time through their mobile phones, but also use remote video calls and remote unlocking by video. On the whole, smart locks are much better than mechanical locks in terms of security.
Lock cylinder: Most of the anti-theft door smart locks use C-level lock cylinders, and the physical unlocking time exceeds 270 minutes, which is the highest level; while mechanical locks mostly use A/B-level lock cylinders, which can be opened in 5 minutes
1. The production method of ordinary locks is very simple, and the lock cylinder is also very simple, so ordinary locks are equipped with keys, we only need to insert the right key to open the ordinary lock. Compared with ordinary locks, smart locks are much more complicated, and smart locks have many functions. It has a special remote control-style key that can control the unlocking of the door, and now there are many smart locks with higher-end functions. For example, a fingerprint can be used to open the lock, or a specific password can be used to open the lock.
2. Smart locks can be said to make our lives more convenient. Many people are more forgetful, so many times they can’t find the key. If you have a smart lock, you don’t need to hold the key every day. You only need to enter your fingerprint when you go out. Or you can open the door at will by remembering the password of the door. You don’t need to take the key when you go out in the future, and you don’t have to worry about whether you have forgotten where the key is.
3. Moreover, the security of smart locks is much higher than that of ordinary locks, because ordinary locks can open the door as long as the lock core is destroyed, while smart locks are not so easy. Deciphering passwords and deciphering fingerprints are both very difficult. difficult. Therefore, households that install such door locks are not prone to thieves, and the security risks will be greatly reduced. In terms of service life, if you choose a smart lock with a better quality, you can basically use it for many years without any problem, so you can use the smart lock with peace of mind, and you can also set the anti-theft function, so that if someone can destroy the smart lock, you can have an alarm The sound reminds people in the house to guard against theft.
4. The current smart locks are very versatile. The operation has also begun to be simplified. There are no such cumbersome operation steps, everyone can use it, and there is also a video face recognition function. It recognizes the face while recognizing fingerprints, and the anti-theft performance is stronger.
In the impression of many people, electronic things are definitely not as safe as purely mechanical. In fact, the smart lock is a combination of “mechanical lock + electronic”, which means that the smart lock is developed on the basis of the mechanical lock. The mechanical part is basically the same as the mechanical lock. The C-level lock cylinder, The lock body, mechanical key, etc. are basically the same, so in terms of anti-opening technology, the two are actually equal.
1). It can be opened by multiple people with fingerprints (often more than one or two people in a family or office);
2) The door can be opened according to the authority (it is impossible for the head of the household, the nanny, and the cleaning tool to have the same authority to open the door);
3), you can freely increase or decrease the fingerprints for opening the door (the nanny can easily clear her fingerprints after leaving the job);
4), It is best to have a query record function (you can check the door opening record at any time, sometimes it can become a key evidence, usually with a display screen);
5) Appropriate with some password function (after all, when the fingerprint part is the electronic part may be broken, the head of the household can use the password to open the door in a temporary situation);
6) It is necessary to bring a mechanical key. This is a backup way to open the door. Like airplanes and cars, although they have automatic control status, they still retain the manual control part. This is a safety consideration; Imagine if there is a fire in the house. , Or the thief damaged the electronic part of your door because he didn’t pick the lock, what do you do?
7) Choose a good lock cylinder. The quality of the mechanical key lock cylinder is directly related to the pry resistance and stability of your door;
8) It is best not to use other fancy functions. One more function is more likely to be broken. After the product is broken, you should repair it or not. If you repair it, the maintenance staff will charge you the repair fee (generally, the door-to-door service is not free).
Smart lock Deadbolt and handle Combo
Best mechanical Keyless door lock
Mechanical locks vs electronic locks
Keyless door locks pros and cons